I did get round to grinding the fish yesterday, and I have the cuts to prove it! I hate working with gloves, it’s like I don’t feel connected to my work with gloves. So having ground all my fish to make matching pairs I then decided to keep them as singles and drill them. Now they are fired I think I’d like them more in pairs so they are going back in the kiln today with wire loops for hanging.
If you follow my blog you will know that a little while back I made a plaster mould to make a bowl ( remember my hand was almost set in a bucket of plaster ) So last night I decide to work on and try making a bowl using the mould. I had intended slip casting but as I wanted to press hosta leaves into the clay I thought I’d try it out by rolling a slab. It was a disaster, so I sat up ’til the early hours making beads , nothing was wasted and the clay was just the right consistency for bead making.
And while I was at it I did some follow up experiments from a glass fusing course I did years ago, fusing leaves between glass. More in a later post.
Not bad for a day’s play, AND I spring cleaned the kitchen!
BTW the housework and diet are paying off I’ve lost a couple of pounds in 3 days.