If you are a regular follower of my blog you will probably remember I made some felted slippers last September. Living in a house with a lot of cold tiled floors I wore them constantly until disaster struck and my toe came through, and on close inspection the other one was about to go through as well. I was pretty disappointed as they are so warm and comfy and the rest of the slippers are in a reasonable state.
I decided to try and needle felt the holes, not having needle felted before I went to the ever useful Youtube to find out how to do it, and ordered a needle felting tool from Ebay which took for ever to get here.
Needle felting seems to be done over fabric or an already felted item so I decided to do some darning over the holes to felt onto.
It seemed to work ok but I must have been over zealous with my Chinese felting tool because I found the points of 2 broken needles inside my slippers, just as well I didn’t get them in my toes, so I duly counted all the needles to make sure there weren’t any hidden surprises lurking in my slippers.