I’m back to work today but I spent my weekend doing some more textile work as my dog brushes had finally arrived. I’m using them for carding fleece.
My first attempt at painting with fibres, it started off well but I wasn’t happy with how it progressed, I couldn’t decide what was wrong at first, it was all a bit too’ twee’ for my taste.
I got out my L’s, which consist of a picture mount cut into 2 L shapes. You can move them about and decide how to crop a picture,to see what works best.I had nothing to lose as it was probably destined for the bin.
This is the crop I decided upon, it was originally a square picture, I have lost about a third of the foreground, the little cottage has gone, but this picture is much more my to my taste now, I like it.