- Starting at the back I have a pair of L’s clipped together, they help me to get a feel for a picture, I can see what’s working and what isn’t much better when I use L’s.
- To the right is some wadding and fabric left over from a cushion, and a coat hanger ( come back on Sunday if you want to know more.)
- There’s my instruction book, which I need to look at regularly.
- A sample testing out the stitches.
- A mixed media picture that I’m working on, including the little blue tit.
Here’s a better view of what I’m playing with. I’m learning as I go. So far I’ve joined a bit of left over curtain fabric and an embroidered pillowcase. This was coloured with acrylic paint , but first I used a stencil cut with the Silhouette cameo and put on some gesso. I didn’t expect it to repel the colour so much and stay white, I thought it would absorb more colour. The blue tit is painted on fabric using acrylics, I have to say I’m really pleased as I didn’t expect to get so much detail on fabric.
The next step is to embroider some flowers and foliage and work on my bird. I can’t decide if the 2 styles work together, maybe the background is too stylised to work with my little bird, but as he isn’t attached yet who knows what I will do next. Come back on Sunday to find out.
I’m off to see what Julia is doing, and everyone else at Stamping Ground