The new raku glazes arrived, and the weather looked promising so we decided to have another attempt at raku firing last weekend.
This was the second attempt since making the raku kiln, this time the firing was far more successful.
The first pots didn’t have a lot of metallic colour, but at least I could see that the dry brushed glaze and smoke blackened the cracks did exactly what I hoped for. I did wonder if this pot would survive as I thought the texture may have weakened the pot.
I’m going to have to wait at least a week for the next raku firing as it’s set for rain all week, but I will get my pots glazed and ready to go.