In readiness for pruning the apple trees today I have been sewing. I used another one of my cotton sheets that used to cover my craft fair tables to make a Japanese crossover back apron.
I didn’t have a pattern but I did have a PJ top that was similar in style so I cut a newspaper pattern from it, adapting the shape as I thought it should be, this was purely guesswork but it’s just an old sheet.
I did a double neatening seam around the edge.
Then the bias binding was stitched around the neck and armholes.
Here it is waiting to be dyed. It’s a bit big but it’s a good cover up and there’s room for a big jumper underneath so no more paint getting on my clothes.