My crochet waffle blanket is now finished, and I have to say I think I have a new favourite blanket.
If you would like to see the original post with the updated pattern click here. I finished off with a row of treble so the last row matched the first row. I did 3 stripes of each colour.
I darned in the loose ends then started the border. Having considered several options I chose to do stripes of 2 rows waffle stitch, change colour then 1 row treble. This would keep the border of a similar weight as the body of the blanket. The border is 13 rows deep, then I ran out of yarn.
Now I think I might start another one, maybe lark stitch this time, I do love working on a stripey blanket while watching TV.
Please excuse the photos as the sun wasn’t whining when I took them.